Our client is a leading wireless telecommunications equipment vendor supporting multiple Tier I wireless operators in the US.
RF Engineer II will participate in network design and implementation, of wireless telecommunications networks. Responsibilities include link budgets analysis, system dimensioning for coverage and capacity including traffic analysis, frequency planning, interference analysis and optimization. The RF Engineer II will answer technical questions as well as day to day operational questions. They are able to work independently with limited guidance to accomplish goals and objectives. They plan and execute their own work and provide guidance and/or training to others. They adapt to changes in a dynamic business environment, support management initiatives, and guide other engineers. They exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions and results. They are able to present ideas, technical and non-technical, in a logical, compelling manner in a written format and verbally in both small and large group settings.
- Experience with at least one of the common industry propagation tools (Planet, Tornado, Wizard, Odyssey, dB Planner, etc.) for model calibration, drive test data post-processing, map generation, frequency planning and interference matrix analysis, site database maintenance, etc
- Carry out optimization techniques (proper antenna selection for optimal horizontal/vertical performance, mechanical/electrical tilting, appropriate transmit power setting, antenna clearance, neighbor list analysis, etc.) for optimal site/cluster performance
- Work with the Implementation and Operations Teams on the cell site’s antenna and RF equipment
configuration and database parameters
- Communicate RF team budget, milestones and deliverables to project management and implement plans to accomplish the milestones within budget, as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; Master’s Degree a plus; 8+ years’ work experience in the wireless industry
- Successful track record defining direction and providing specific instruction for engineering projects/programs leveraging personal knowledge and organizational skills to increase team efficiency, facilitate personal development and mentor colleagues.
- Demonstrated research and problem solving skills via prior work experience. Experience with wireless infrastructure provider and/or operator is desired.